|Photo: Birgit Ohlin|
To enjoy your stay with us, the best way is that you are being active and in a good shape. You'll be immersed in nature and at the time, you are going to be on your own. We support you by adjusting the tour you are interested in, and if you would like to shorten it or extend it!
Canoeing, orienteering, land transportation, cooking, find an overnight place, etc.
Canoe guide contains important information that you must read before the tour. There are signs along the canoe trail that shows the way and others that indicate dam and power stations.
You get a phone number you can call Arvika Kanot & turistcenter during your stay.
All guests must take part of the briefing given before the start. You will be informed about:
- The tour description.
- Latest information / upgrade of the maps.
- Common rights and duties.
- Fire risk and prohibitions.
- Bird protection areas and other sensitive areas.
- Waste management and recycling requirements.
- Attractions and cultural sites.
- Filling in a responsibility form.
At the starting point, we will go through the equipment. The instructor will inform and demonstrate you how the equipment works, how to load a canoe and the basic paddling technics.